Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gladys

She approached me today as I sat on campus reading an online article on my laptop. She asked for an interview as a member of a Christian ministry to try to find ways to better connect with students.

Little did I know that she would be a wonderful blessing for the day.

She asked me what I believed, which I didn't have any problem disclosing. She was very kind and welcoming. We began to talk about when I became saved and I explained to her my transformation. I always feel so high sharing my testimony.

She is an older lady, who is gorgeous by the way ;-) , so she is able to share much wisdom to young people. She shared with me a few of the young men and women she has ministered to and I understood how she was a catalyst for that change that they needed.

Once some time ago, Gladys ministered to a young girl. The girl came back to Gladys a full year later to tell her that she finally understood what she was trying to tell her a year before. This reminded me of myself.

I told Gladys that any and all wisdom that is shared with young people, or generally unsaved people, will typically go in one ear and out the other. With me, after I became saved, so many things finally made sense. The Bible, the pastor, Christian books, Christian friends, conflict, disappointment. I wasn't recieving any new information, it just didn't click coming from other people. It didn't click until God said it to me.

The wisdom that was being shared with me prior to giving my life to the Lord would sound logical at the time, but it wasn't until I was older that I realized that I didn't truly understand it because I wasn't applying it in my life.

So as Gladys spoke about her life since being saved, she spoke amazing truth and wisdom that was from God into my life, and as I listened I realized that none of it would have made any real sense to me at 17 years old- or even at 21. Anything my mother said or teachers or even my Christian friends, didn't get through to me because God had to get through to me first.

I can't wait to speak with Gladys again. God always brings people like her to come sit down next to you at the right moment.

No comments: